Breastfeeding has gotten some bad press in the past couple of years. If you are struggling with breastfeeding -- or just feeling discouraged -- you may wonder why you should continue. Are the effects of breastfeeding trivial? Or is it something that can have lifetime health effects?
As you can see from the articles below, the health benefits of breastfeeding are well-documented and quite powerful. In short, it is very much worth your time and effort.
- UNICEF Brief on Breastfeeding 2015
- The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding
- The Breastfeeding Report Card: United States 2014
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Economic Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeed: It’s Glamorous!
- How does formula compare to breast milk?
- Breastfeeding is Good for Business
- Deconstructing Gerber
Still not sure? These articles should help.
- The Surgeon General's Report on Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and Maternal and Infant Health Outcomes in Developed Countries
- World Health Organization's Evidence on the Long-Term Effects of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Can Save Over 1 Million Lives Yearly
- Peaceful Revolution: Motherhood and the $13 Billion Guilt
- Breastfeeding Lowers Mothers Risk of Heart Disease and Diabetes Decades Later
- James Akre on the "Problem with Breastfeeding"
- Science Supports the Importance of Parenting for Both Mothers and Babies